Windows 10 only use half of max cpu speed

G

Gabrio-81

hello,

I have the same identical issue to this Windows 10 only use half of max cpu speed, where the only difference is that i had my battery swapped. the problem never happened.

Additionally, safe mode goes to 1.80 ghz flat.

things i tried:

[COLOR=rgba(51, 51, 51, 1)]1. restart
2. revert all power plans to default, then only balanced was left,
3. created with command line high performance and power saver went OK
4. checked minimum processor state in high performance and put it to 100%
5. checked processes on task manager that have the flag Power Throttle and there's just system interrupts, nothing else
6. checked BIOS and everything looks ok to me, i dont see an option for power throttling

7. changed registry entry to 4 and was better at 1.80 ghz but looked "fake"

8. haven't yet tried deleting intelppm.sys as somebody here suggested

could it be the battery not giving enough power for sustaining a higher CPU voltage or something? trying to think outside of the box!

There must be a bug or something going on, i think i found what the issue is but still working on a fix..

So with Intel extreme tuning utility i noticed that thermal throttling is active all the time, even tho i am just browsing with edge right now, ain't right. all CPU temps are fine around 45C only.

As soon as you plug the AC, thermal throttling immediately disappears and it bumps up the CPU frequency.

can't remember what else there's to do, quite annoying. of course great battery now but is sloowwwwwwwwwwwwwww[/COLOR]

ba19cfe1-fe8c-41f3-aa9d-abb14b407fcb?upload=true.jpg

[COLOR=rgba(51, 51, 51, 1)]Laptop is ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, upgraded with high performance 16 GB ram as well. Decent fast SSD.

Win 10
20 H2 19042.789

can anyone help?[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom