LeftMouseButton Releases on click-drag and sometimes re-clicks again

M

{MScPotato}

Greetings,

Intro

I pretty much never write on forums, I normally search for my answers so bare with me..

I looked around and it's pretty hard to describe this issue and therefore quite difficult for me to simply look this up and I am out of ideas.

Issue

At some point (about a year ago) my cursor started releasing LEFT MOUSE BUTTON by itself whenever I click-drag it, for example when marking multiple objects on the desktop it can decided to just release whenever. Maybe even start reselecting from where it released. Sometimes it happens many times during just one swipe of click-dragging. Just marking words in this text field is infuriating for me as I just end up moving it around.

This happens anywhere at any time from click-dragging on the desktop, dragging files between folders to drag-and-drop stuff in games.

Even drawing in paints just a pain..

What I've Done

Whenever I attempt looking this up I pretty much get the idea it is a hardware issue with the mouse. However, I've gone through 3 different mice (Razer, HyperX and Logitech) since it started to get on my nerves. especially when I started working with a game engine where there's a lot of dragging involved. I also tried my current mouse (Logitech G502 Hero) on my girlfriends' computer and there seems to be no issues with it what so ever. I also tried her wireless version on my PC and it seemed to fix it right after it was "installed" upon connection. I changed it back thinking it was fixed after some USB installation/firmware update magic (you know when a notification pops up saying its getting the hardware ready) it didn't take long until it started to act up again.

So I've come down to it could be some sort of software issues and/or some I/O magic that needs a fixin'? USB port issues?
I installed the recommended Logitech software and that didn't really help. Played around with mouse settings and nothing really did it for me. Also tried various USB ports on my computer. At this point I am considering reinstalling the operative system, as I feel that is the last thing for me to try at this point, but I really do not wanna try that, because that just isn't something that should have to be done. Probably has very low or no chance of even fixing it that way.

Right now I am at loss and have no idea what to do at this point, so I'm just sitting here confused and irritated.

So any help or suggestions are welcome as I am willing to try anything right now..

Thank you for taking your time to have read this at least, Cheers!

Some info;

CPU: i7 6700K (4.00GHz)

PSU: EVGA GQ 750W hybrid modular 80+gold
GPU: GeForce FTW 1080 hybrid

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S

RAM: 32 GB 2400 Mhz

Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom