Random extreme lag spikes with 'very high power usage' in Windows 10.

R

RemiStevelink

Dear Windows community,

Since several weeks my PC is having a strange problem: several times a day it gets extremely laggie, where every key I strike on the keyboard and every movement with the mouse is either lagging behind or completely freezing for about 5-10 seconds. This happens when doing nothing in particular at all, and it does not seem at all related to computational burden; e.g. it could happen when just scrolling the internet or typing in a Word document, without any particular applications running in the background. When assessing the task manager, the main thing I notice is that there is often 1 of multiple applications showing 'very high' power usage (see screenshot), sometimes together with high CPU or RAM usage, but sometimes also with just ~1% for both. It is important to note that this is almost always a different application, e.g. a random windows background process, explorer.exe, Word or Spotify. I've already tried most common diagnostic utilities, but couldn't detect any problem in my hard drives, bios, GPU, RAM etc.. Could it have something to do with my power supply? Does anyone have a clue on how to proceed?

I've uploaded a screenshot and my system info to Onedrive:

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

Best wishes,

Remi

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom