Constant LiveKernelEvent 141 and 117 crashes

R

Robino113

Over Christmas I did some PC upgrades and since I have been experiencing constant crashes during GPU 'stressing' (gameplay or data plotting on MATLAB). Original upgrades included MSI MAG b550m Mortar Wifi mobo, ram and cpu. The crashes (kernel 117) would occur as a frozen screen, then black screen and then screens would come back with the program having been force closed. Since then I have adjusted PSU, GPU and mobo so that full specs are:

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (from Radeon RX 580)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

PSU: Corsair RM750i Gold (from Corsair VS650 White)

Mobo: MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk wifi (from MSI MAG b550m Mortar wifi)

RAM: 4 sticks of 8GB Corsair LPX Vengeance (CMK16GX4M2D3000C16) (32GB total)

Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 (system) and 3TB Seagate HDD for expanded storage (doucments and pictures)

Since switching from the components listed in italics the crashes are less severe (no blackscreen) and come up in Windows reliability monitor as Kernel crash 141. I have attempted manually rolling back GPU drivers for both cards, as well as using latest (with previous drivers removed with DDU). Ran through each driver for other components and making sure everything is up to date. No bloatware. No virus. Stress tested CPU, both GPUs and each ram stick individually as well as all 4 together. Nothing came up during stress test. Temperatures are always within range (no thermal throttling). I completed a clean installtion of windows a few weeks ago. No change.

Have spent hours on forums everywhere trying to find a fix and am finally here.

Thanks for any help available.

Continue reading...