Wifi card keeps shutting down with latest drivers and factory reset

X

xtremeheat

Hi,

I am extremely frustrated with a problem which I cannot seem to fix no matter what I do. I have an Acer Predator Triton 500 and after a couple of Windows updates, my Wifi card started acting up. This is happening on both my Windows laptops. My wifi card would very frequently just turn off or disconnect from the wifi and I would either have to keep trying to turn off and on the card to re-activate and reconnect. Even troubleshooting it using the windows troubleshooter doesn’t do anything.

I did turn off the power saving option from device manager. I even uninstalled the device from device manager and rebooted it multiple times. The laptop is on high performance mode. I restored the computers, both of them to factory defaults with the latest Windows 10 build, the problem is still there. I downloaded the latest drivers as well; my wireless card is a Killer Wireless AC 1550i card. I started to use an external wifi adaptor, but even that started to act up and is turning on and off by itself. This suggests it’s a software problem, not a hardware one. Sometimes it happens only 3 times a day, other times, it happens 6 times within 3 minutes.

Does anyone know what did Microsoft mess up now with their updates? I have been extremely patient for months and I can’t continue like this because I teach engineering university classes daily and my connection keeps dropping on my windows laptops but not my android phone. I do not mean to come off as rude but I am at the end of my wits with Microsoft. A factory reset computer with no user installed software still dropping Wifi connection doesn’t make sense. Especially in a remote work environment, this is very irritating. It is not my router because I have multiple other android devices which never have that problem. Any ideas?

Continue reading...