Reinstalled Windows 10 after Massive BSOD failure and now I only have 90GB on HD, I think the rest is hidden in BitLocker but I can't see drive

E

EPStarling

Device: HP Spectre x360 15t-df100 laptop on Windows 10 64-bit

After a very frustrating 24 hours, my laptop is finally running. I initially got the dreaded BSOD with a kernel data inpage error. My laptop never rebooted again, despite running diagnostics and trying to reset it. No hardware issues found (hard drive, memory, power, etc. all passed diagnostics). Finally rebooted from USB and reinstalled Windows.

As if that's not bad enough, now my C: drive only has 90GB. It should have 1TB. Initially I saw a separate locked BitLocker drive in Windows explorer, but now I don't see anything but my tiny C: drive since updates were downloaded. I didn't get a chance to unlock it before it disappeared. I have the key code, I just can't see the drive to try to unlock it.

I'm exhausted, way behind on work now, and I need the space so I can move ahead. Besides, it'd be nice to see if my files are still behind the Wizard's curtain somewhere so I can recover them.

Please, any suggestions?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom