Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs

U

ufo1947

Good Day All

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfully burn dual layer (50 gigabyte) blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to record the second layer of the discs. They fail when I try to play them. I have run multiple scan tests of the failed discs with VSO Inspector and errors begin showing up at just past the 50 % point of the scan. That indicates to me that the first layer did in fact burn correctly. Single layer (25 gigabyte) discs still burn just fine. I have tried three different internal Blu-ray burners (all of which have burned dual layer discs successfully in the past) The second layer still fails.

I make videos with Pinnacle Studio and have tried the program’s built-in burner. It fails on the second layer. I have tried ANYmp4 Blu-ray Copy Platinum. It fails. I have also tried using the method of simply dragging the BDMV (same as an ISO file) master file to the Blu-ray Burner Drive and use the built-in burning capability of the Windows 10 File Explorer. It fails. Prior to the fresh install of Windows 10, all three of these methods worked just fine and successfully burned playable dual layer discs. I even tried burning a dual layer BDMV file that I know to be good, since I have used the file to create multiple discs in the past. Even that file fails to burn successfully now.

I have made sure that I have the latest firmware for the burners. All three are Pioneer drives. One is a Pioneer BDR-212UBK and the two others are BDR-2209. All three drives have worked perfectly before the fresh install of Windows 10.

I can only assume that something is either missing or incorrectly configured in Windows 10. I have gone through all the possible updates and video card drivers. So far, nothing has helped. I am hoping that someone who is experiencing or has experienced the same problem can point me in the right direction. I also hope that someone from Microsoft with take notice of this issue and provide some assistance.

Thank You

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom