Microsoft store installation unable to change disk.

R

RonZamir

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Hello there, I've been meaning to install a Microsoft program onto my D disk. Problem is, my windows is downloaded onto my C disk, and therefore it automatically installs to the C disk. When I try and change the installation location to the D disk, when I press install, nothing happens and I can spam clicking install if I'd like, nothing happens whatsoever. I tried changing the location where new content is saved by going to settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved>New apps will be saved to Yet, for some reason when I change it to the D disk, it gives me a warning message "Delete other apps? this drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?". I looked for the location of said files at C:\programfiles\WindowsApps but the folder simply does not exist even tho I have several apps such as spotify and skype installed. I tried uninstalling them and proceeding but no matter what I do, I keep getting the same error code: "We couldn't set your default save location." "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it". I looked for solutions for this error, and I tried changing the value of the registery entry related to the new path (D:\program files\WindowsApps) but there was an error in changing the value. I would really appreciate some help in the matter. Thanks in advance, Ron.[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom