Continuing to experience freezes after clean reinstall, unsure how to further debug

A

aasd11011

I've been occasionally getting freezes when using the PC, especially when streaming or playing video games. These do not fail to a BSOD in most cases, though I have had 1 or 2 if I leave the computer frozen for long enough. This happens at least 1x every 10 hours of use.

I did a clean reinstall of Windows
to see if that would help and the issue hasn't gone away. After the reinstall, I ran Windows Update and updated my graphics card driver, as well as moved USB devices from the front port to the back port. I didn't update any other drivers since the reinstall (mouse, keyboard, headset, ethernet, motherboard, etc.)

The most recent critical errors in the Event Viewer are:

• Kernel-Power, because I had to force the PC to shutdown after it froze.
  • 2x DriverFrameworks-UserMode errors 10110, 10111 -
    • A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.
    • The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

I'm at a loss for how to test what's wrong next. So far:

• Memtest didn't ID any errors in 2-3 hours of execution
  • GPU, CPU temps seem normal
  • sfc /scannow didn't flag any errors, nor did CHKDSK.
  • Samsung SSD tool said the drive looked good.
  • I don't think RAM, GPU or CPU are overclocked.
  • Unsure how to test mobo, USB connections, power supply, or other potential sources of the issue.
Specs:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming
  • RAM: 16GB - probably Corsair brand
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti
  • Peripherals: Logitech g203 mouse, razer blackwidow keyboard, hyperx cloud 2 headset

Edit:

• perfmon /report hangs at 'collecting data for 60 seconds'

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom