Sound isn't working. I've tried everything, I'm pretty sure, but is there anything else I can do?

P

patroclusx

I got this laptop on Cyber Monday. It's the HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg000 with the Intel i7 Core and Intel Iris Xe Graphics card. One of the very first things I did was download some video games. And then after a couple weeks, I went ahead and updated all of my drivers over a period of a few days. I noticed it had Realtek High Definition Audio labelled an unplugged device, but I didn't think much of it. I had my headphones on and I was hearing the audio from my game, so I didn't think I had reason to worry. Until last night when I tried to watch some anime with my sister, and nothing came out of my speakers.

I restarted my laptop. I looked up countless articles and videos relating to this issue. I updated the driver. I restarted my laptop. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. I restarted my laptop again. I ran the audio troubleshooter, I turned off audio enhancements, I tried switching the audio format. I basically went through every method in Microsoft's existing support article for fixing sound problems. All to no avail.

Is there anything more I can do to fix this issue? Again, headphones work just fine. It's only the speakers that are giving me issues. I'd really like to avoid calling any kind of support line, as I have extreme anxiety regarding talking on the phone. It would be the absolute last resort. But is there anything left for me to try? (Also, I cannot find Realtek HD Audio Manager on my laptop despite updating the driver multiple times.)

Please, please help. This has been bugging me since it became an issue, and I don't like to leave things like this unresolved for too long. I really don't know what else to do, but I'd much rather fix it myself if I can.

Thank you.

TLDR; Speakers won't work. I updated the drivers, troubleshooted the audio, etc. I've tried everything I could find as a potential solution, but nothing has worked. Is there anything else I can do without having to call a support like (due to social anxiety)? Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom