New Laptop doubts

J

JCosta1968

Hi Everyone,

I have for 2 weeks new HP laptop, an Intel i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.2GHZ, with 8GB of RAM

It updated from 1909 to 20H2 Win 10 Home 64.

I installed some software, like I had on my older (still have) Toshiba Laptop, and whenever possible, 64 bit versions:

- Foobar2000 (with lots of tweaks) - probably the best audio HIFI quality multi-format reproducer in the world

- Exact Audio Copy - probably the best accurate and bit-to-bit-perfect CD audio ripper

- Audacity - amazing program that records in high quality audio any sound that plays on the pc, it can output HD FLAC audio files

- CCleaner

- BitTorrent

- Cue Tools - to split FLAC files that were ripped from original cd in on big file into the tracks individually

- Spotify

- TuneIn

- A Shampoo Burning Studio Free

- HD Video Converter Factory

- Brother Wireless Printer

- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016

- Microsoft (old) Picture Manager (had to download "Sharepoint designer 2010" to have it)

- Google Chrome

- Revo Uninstaller Free

- Avast Premium Security Anti-Virus

I Noticed that the pc restart now is much slower, when I received the laptop without "nothing" it was much faster, I know that after installations this changes, but shouldn't it be a little faster considering the machine specifications?

On startup I disabled all I could

Now I see on Task Manager a process called "Office Click To Run (SxS) eating RAM memory, and on installed programs I see 2 Offices, the Office 2016 and the Microsoft Sharepoint 2010, is this Click to Run from Office 2016 or Sharepoint or both? (I don't remember seing this with Office 2016 only) Can I uninstall it?

because if it belongs to sharepoint than makes no sense to have since Microsoft Picture Manager is finished and no longer supported.

Before also, when starting up, being fast the pc won't show up a circle going around in dots, now shows, is it normal?

All the rest seems normal, opening internet sometimes it takes a little to open a page, but generally is fast, opening programs, windows etc, is also fast.

Regards,

J.Costa

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom