Getting too many BSODs and tried all the tests

P

PZaricon

Hello Community,

This will go really long because I will list all the measures I took in an attempt to repair my PC.

Please Find my PC specs below:

Processor- Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz

RAM: 1 GB stick + 2 GB stick = 3 GB

OS- Dual Boot Windows 10 Home and Windows 8 on x64 bit PC

I have been using Windows 10 Home with McAfee Total Protection and it was running pretty well round the clock.

A few days ago in the night, I kept my machine on sleep and then after an hour, I forgot and just switched it off from the main power. The next morning, I started my machine and selected my Windows 10 (I've been dual-booting 8 & 10 for months, though I never use 8), it was then I faced the BSOD "Memory Management" and tried many times but it wasn't starting. I quickly ran Memory Diagnostics (mdsched) and No problems were detected. Then I opened my CPU, removed my RAM, and re-inserted it and it ran fine. Again when I switched it on after shutting it for few hours, I couldn't boot into any of the OS and constantly faced various BSOD like IRQL_not_equal, Memory Management, System Service Exception , and literally much more. Then I removed both the RAM sticks, cleaned it roughly (now I regret :()) with an eraser and sanitizer (LOL), and then placed the newer RAM of 1 GB that I bought 2 years ago and it didn't even make it to the selection list of dual boot. then I placed the older stick of 2 GB and made it to the selection list but still after sign-in, BSODs displayed. Now I ran Memory Diagnostics Tool and it found hardware problems, which it didn't a few hours ago. Now I ran chkdsk and it repaired something and then ran SFC and it too repaired some corrupt files.

Now, after all these, I could log on to both the OS but they too crashed after a few minutes but I quickly removed McAfee and uninstalled Windows Updates of 2021.

Now, I cannot run sfc as some error is displaying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" and also chkdsk has made one of my drive RAW and now chkdsk is also not working even in safe mode.

As of now, I wrote this on Windows 8 but Windows 10 is still crashing.

I was thinking of buying a new RAM stick because memory diagnostics detected hardware problems (I couldn't find any pen drives to run memtest86) and one stick which I bought 2 years ago is not working at all. How can both the RAM go bad simultaneously and why any tests cannot be performed even in safe mode?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom