Automatic repair fail loop

N

NSBH

My laptop's been stuck on automatic repair failing loop for a week and no solution online seems to work.

When trying the three bootrec.exe commands the third one(bootrec.exe /fixboot) failed and said "Access is denied"

The first phase of chkdsk /r took 24 hours (with a lot of corrupted and unaccessible files) only for the second phase to fail and restart the whole thing again.

When trying to open the srttrail.txt from command prompt, can't go further than \System32 since it's "corrupted or unreadable"

Disabling automatic startup repair didn't work as it couldn't locate the OS because a required file was missing or contained errors.

File: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi

Error code: 0xc0000001

Also resetting the pc option (while keeping the files) did not work with the error: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

Resetting with the remove everything option yielded the same results.

Checking and changing boot priority in Bios did not work, nor did removing things connected to the laptop.

Unfortunately, I did not get any backups or create any restore points and there are files in there that I need.

There were talks of a January update causing this. But I don't know if my laptop actually received it since it was on auto-update.

Continue reading...