How do I get consistent font sizes in Windows 10 including Edge & Outlook?

R

RealSkier

I have tried everything including using Ease of Access to increase the type size, Display to apply a custom scaling, Display with a preset scale and nothing seems to get it right.

I have a 2K monitor (2560 x 1440) and with everything at 100%, the interface text is much too small. If I use the global scaling of 125%, the text size is about right but it doesn't seem to affect certain programs the same way. For example, while Edge increases it's menu sizes for top level options, once you click on something (like a bookmark folder) the text inside is tiny. In Quicken, the UI text gets larger but it also goes blurry.

If I use "Make text bigger" (Ease of Access), that works for some apps but it doesn't increase the font size for desktop icons AND it doesn't help with Outlook 2019 (desktop). Outlook leaves all menus and folders in its default (small) font size.

Good Windows 7 used to deal with this reasonably well by allowing you to set font sizes for all different parts of the Windows GUI. Windows 10 doesn't seem to know what to do with high-res monitors. And don't ask me to run my monitor at 1080p or something silly. That just pixelates everything.

I spend most of my computing time in Adobe CC, Office 2019, Quicken and a few DAW packages. Any help (other than a cut & paste of some two year old article on font setting) would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom