A

AlasAway

Hi!

So, for a couple of days now I keep getting crashes. They used to be BSOD with

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code 0x00000124

Here's more info:

_On Wed 2/10/2021 9:45:07 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021021-7109-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5210)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFDB0161F03028, 0xBC000800, 0x1010135)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2/10/2021 9:45:07 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll (PSHED!PshedBugCheckSystem+0x10)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFDB0161F03028, 0xBC000800, 0x1010135)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\pshed.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Here's what I tried:

I checked the RAM. Ran the two sticks through Memtest, got no errors. Tried unplugging one at a time, checked two seperate slots - so it's nor RAM i presume.

I've reinstalled Windows 10. Didn't help - so I guess it's not a driver thing.

I keep checking temps - the CPU is around 80 under load - AMD Ryzen 5600x and Google says thats within acceptable limits. The GPU keeps steady at 60. So I guess it's not overheating. I also don't overcloak anything. I also cleaned the CPU fan and replaced the thermal paste.

The problem appeared on its own with no changes on my part. So I guess it's some hardware that's dying on me. Or could it be anything else? The crash happens while gaming only, not while surfing or doing anything else.

Please help!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom