PC Issues Due to Windows 10 Update (Possibly?)

L

Lyssssander

Hello,

I've been having multiple issues with my desktop all week and after scratching my head for a few days, would like to get someone's advice on the problem(s).

Here is what I'm currently experiencing:

• I cannot open applications without them closing up again within seconds. I also cannot access the internet, through Chrome, Edge, or anything really. (I have a WiFi connection that works perfectly fine with all my other devices.)

• It seems to constantly be stuck in a cycle of "restarting" itself. The screen loads in, again and again, recreating the first moment when you boot up (apps starting up in the background, lighting settings kicking in, etc...).

• Every now-and-then, pop-ups will appear as well. They either say some variation of "c:\windows\system32\fwpuclnt.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error" or "SysyemSettingsAdminFlows.exe - Bad Image".

• I can't reset this PC. I've tried, literally, at least several times. Doesn't let me in Windows, basic or advanced, and going through the BIOS or Repair This PC does nothing either.

• Lastly, I cannot use SFC (sfc/scannow) in the command prompt, as it only ever loads up to about 5% then crashes, and when I troubleshoot with Windows, nothing comes up. Everything seems to be in order until I, well, actually try to use the dang thing.

I'm really not sure what the problem is, and it doesn't help that I'm not really the best at computers, save for Googling my way through things. All I can imagine is that it has something to do with Windows itself, as the computer was working fine over the past few months, and even leading up to the day it started messing up. (For reference, the computer itself is a Dell Optiplex 990, and I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004, for Refurbished PCs.)

Can an update do this, or is it something bigger?

Would appreciate any feedback or discussion, and feel free to let me know if I posted this in the right forum. Thank you for reading!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom