Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie

B

BrendaV.Thompson

Hello,

I have a DELL 990 REFURBISHED TOWER COMPUTER CORE I5 31GHZ 8GB MEMORY 2TB HDD WINDOWS 10 PRO from Joy System bought from Staples.com

As an aside, I DO NOT recommend refurbished machines from Joy Systems who sells though Amazon, Staples, and other outlets.

The machine is running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 Installed on 05/11/2020 OS Build 18363.1256.

It has a Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @3.10GHz

8GB of installed Ram.

It is a 64-Bit operating system.

My DVD drive is a listed in the deice manager as a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH70N ATA Device.

It mostly appears to be fine.

I can burn a CD or DVD and play them back.

I can read a commercial software or music CD

When I insert a burned DVD it plays back fine.

The issue is when I put in a commercial manufactured standard movie DVD. When I do so, regardless of the disk that I insert, it says that there is no disk and to insert a disk in the drive.

Again, it recognizes and opens a commercial software disk

It recognizes and opens a commercial music CD

It recognizes and allows us to burn to a blank DVD

It recognizes and opens a burned DVD

I have updated all drivers that I can find.

I have installed VLC Media Player 3.0.12 and K-Lite Codec Pack 16.0.0 basic

I have tried several different movies, some of which I have watched on other devices.This has done nothing to resolve this issue.

Can someone please advise why this drive/software may not be opening these commercially manufactured DVD movies, when it appears to be doing everything else that it is suppose to do, including burning DVDs and reading those DVD-Roms and to open all other disks that I have tried except for not a single commercial DVD Disk.

Thank you,

-B. Thompson

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom