Unresponsive applications after System Restore

D

DesireeMS

Good day!

I did a system restore last February 3 with my Acer Nitro 5 (Model AN515-43-R6DJ) because a verified third party application (downloaded from a secure source) failed to launch after the said application's update failed midway.

After reinstalling the third-party app, it still could not launch. I decided to do a system restore so it could go back to its pre-update form.

The system restore seemed to be successful. The said third-party app was reinstalled and launched successfully. However, two other third-party applications (specifically CLIP STUDIO Paint and Paint Tool SAI; both are drawing applications installed from a secure source) were affected after the System Restore (despite not being present in the warning, nor were they updated/installed recently).

Even after reinstallation, both are either (1) unresponsive when launched, and (2) unable to launch, despite seen as running fine in the Task Manager. Below is an example of (1) occuring.

4a24e655-2466-4972-8b2d-bd56ff1fee39?upload=true.jpg

I ran the System File Checker tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool prior to running the System File Checker. The results were the following:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

5d0163e4-9782-4325-bade-30868dc21176?upload=true.png

After rebooting the laptop and reinstalling the unresponsive third-party applications, no significant changes were evident and the problem still reoccurs.

What solutions can I do to address this problem?

Thank you very much.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom