Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

N

NOODLEMANNY

3cb2b978-d3ff-4e48-aa31-8791c65bc518?upload=true.png

So I'll start this off by saying I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly the correct place to post this however I failed to find an appropriate microsoft virus forum. So apologises if this is not the correct forum for this post.

So I was searching through the health of my system as about a month ago I started having an issue with a nameless program delaying the systems shutdown process identical to this Unknown Program Preventing Shutdown and Updates - Microsoft Community

From my reading around this subject I didn't necessarily find reason for concern, so I delayed looking into it till now. It's worth mentioning that the two issues could easily be unrelated, however the prior issue is what lead me to discover the overt virus I'm posting about now.

*EDIT: This is within the start-up tab in task manager* So as some of you may have noticed I have a default Program reporting as a SynTPEnh.exe searching around about this program reveals that it's related to touchpad and other HCI devices. My system is a desktop so this is fishy in and of itself. The far more worrying aspect of this "Program" is the fact that it reports as being in the folder Program" Files. That quotation mark is what immediately lead me to believe it was malware. There is also no folder for Synaptics in either Program File or Program File x86 on any drive.

I'm currently running a full scan in Windows Security and if this fails I'll try an offline scan. Will report back once completed.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom