Sometimes unable to use arrow keyes in Windows 10 Photos

P

PRIMExx117

I am experiencing an Issue withing the File Explorer/Photos app of windows 10, in which I am unable to use the arrow keyes for navigation through a set of photos.

The issue SOMETIMES occurs, seemingly at random, when trying to open a Photo in Windows Explorer, via "Photos". If it works, you are able to click on an image inside a folder to open it via Photos, then cycle through the images and videos of the same folder, using the arrow keyes on your keyboard.

This is a crucial feature when comparing seemingly identical images directly, without opening them side by side and play "spot the difference" for half an hour.

This issue occurs both in folders created on my phone, copied to windows, as well as folders created natively in explorer. However, it doesnt consistently occur, in fact, most of the time it doesn't. It also occurs in folders in which no changes have made, even though it worked fine earlier, and sometimes it solves itself in the same manner. Restarting my PC had no effect, literally leaving for dinner and comming back did in one instance. Im just as lost as you are.

The most curious phenomenon: I have a specific folder with 82 files (80 images all png, 2 videos all mp4). Photos 1-52 reproduce the issue, and i am unable to navigate via arrows, photos 53-80 as well as the two videos do not reproduce the bug and work as intended.

However, if i open any of the working photos or videos, and manually cycle through them via arros, i CAN cycle through the images 1-52 as well, even though they otherwise don't allow me to.

By factory default, Photos is the standart App to open images in. I have seen other threads suggesting to make photos the standart app for this, but A: its already the standart for me, and B: It didnt work in those threads either.

Tl;dr: Cant use arrows when cycling through images i open via photo app in file explorer. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and in rare instances it works in half the folder but not the rest. Folder origin doesnt seem to matter.

I already love you if you can solve this. I will also update this message as soon as this will be solved, as to make it easier to find the solution for other people in the future.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom