Surface Pro 4 - Volume stuck at 100% and will gradually go up if turned down

M

Marlyjade

Basically, I can't turn down my volume. It will gradually go up, and will keep doing so.

When I turn it down I cannot turn it up again.

This is most likely a hardware problem as my computer also keeps booting in a UEFI loop with the symbols in the upper right corner showing that this was done through the volume and power button being pressed. I have to boot it by using internal memory or windows boot manager.

I truly tried everything I could to fix this problem.

I even cleaned its slate.

I also believe it is a hardware issue because I cleaned the heck out of it. Factory reset and everything, meaning old drivers, malware, anything software related couldn't interfere.

And yet...

And yet...

I still go through the same boot loop on uefi.

My volume still is stubbornly refusing to change.

My surface is over 4 years old. I can't afford to get it serviced and I need to fix this so I can keep using it or sell it. It is WELL passed its warranty so I am all ears as to how to fix my baby. I can probably afford replacement parts but the big issue is what parts should I fix and how do I open her up.

And before you ask, yes the problem persisted through many updates after the factory reset. I tried everything software related and am ready to get in my surface pro 4's guts and take care of her physically

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom