How do I fix "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6?"

L

LourdeGourde

So I recently upgraded my CPU and apparently I didn't properly shut down my PC and it caused a dirty bit. (Still not sure what this is) So I looked up a solution to my PC attempting to repair my C: drive every time I boot. I tried doing a chkdsk c: /f, and I get the 'error' "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6. I tried it once or twice with the same result.

I am not too worried seeing as how I hadn't downloaded anything malware seeming recently and I found out it can be caused by improperly shutting down your PC.

I tried out HD Tune Pro and scanned all my disks and none of them came up 'red.'

I've been looking for a solution for a while, but all the ones I have found either lead me back to the original solution or all the comments are just "same here." So I was hoping to get an actual answer.

ACTUAL QUESTION: How do I fix the error message "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6?" As well as, How do I fix a dirty bit on my C: drive?

Specs: (Just in case)

z390-a pro

i5-9600k (overclocked)

GeForce gtx 1060 6gb

8x2 gb of ddr4 hyperX kingston ram

C: NVmE Samsung SSD 960 250gb (the dirty one)

D: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1tb

I: ST2000DM001-9YN164 2tb (a random storage drive for backing up my files)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom