Issue since last Windows Update 2/11/2021

E

EdwardTorasso

Windows is acting strange since the last update. I am currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2. Here's what's happening:

1. When I press the START key and select an application, the Start menu does not automatically disappear, but the app opens behind it. Once I click into the application the Start window closes.

2. When I open Word 2010 , if it's a blank document, the first space is selected (highlighted) and you can not type anything into the document. If I open an existing document, all the text is selected and can not be unselected. I checked and the Selection Mode is unchecked in the Custom Status Bar.

3. When I open Excel 2010, "Extended Selection" is flashing on the bottom of the page. Pressing F8 or Shift+F8 or Esc does not stop this.

4. When I start an application from File Explorer, the icon appears in the taskbar, but the application does not open on the screen. You need to click on the taskbar item to view the application.

5. Documents folder is now empty, but I can see all my Document subfolders under "C:\Users\<userid>\Documents". The Documents folder (under This PC and Desktop) properties now points to C:\Users\<userid>\OneDrive\Documents. I do not store files on OneDrive!

6. If multiple windows are open for an application (ie: File Explorer) when you hover over the icon on the task bar and select one of the small popup windows, you can not select the item. The only way to get to it is using the ALT+Tab shortcut.

I have tried pressing the F8 key to clear the "Extended Selection" option in both Word and Excel. I tried swapping out my keyboard and mouse, I tried shutting down my system and restarting. I tried reverting back to the prior Windows version.

NOTHING works. Can anyone help with this issue? My next option is to reload Windows then reload my documents and applications.

Thoughts????

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom