Im trying to use windows' built-in loudness equalization.

O

Ocean Skye

I tend to use my computer in very odd ways. For example, I watch movies, listen to music, and play video games, all on the same computer (but never at the same time). The default windows audio settings work great for playing video games and listening to music. But I need to use loudness equalization when I watch movies.

I first had this issue about a decade ago on windows 7. my solution back then was to press a button on my remote control, that would run a little batch file, and that would open up the sound dialogue, select my audio device, go into the properties of that audio device, go into the enhancements tab and toggle loudness equalization and apply it. all in about 1 second. then it would launch my movie/tv app, then it would sit quietly in the background and wait for that app to close, and then undo the loudness equalization and close the sounds dialogue.

eventually I got windows 10, i had to rewrite stuff a bit, but it worked most of the time still on windows 10. But after plenty of updates and possibly other software, the sound dialogue box is just a little bit too random. sometimes the dialogue box doesnt get and keep focus, sometimes its position isnt predictable, sometimes there a teeny bit of lag, its just a bit too random to reliably work anymore. so i need an alternative.

Im looking for an automatic way to use the windows built-in loudness equalization only on the specific apps that have composed dialogue. and not on any other apps like music or video games or web browsers.

(having me change those apps' settings would probably be impossible for the scope of this forum (there's codecs and directx shaders, frame-interpolation, legacy audio mixing that doesnt have acceptable loudness equalization, and vr stereoscopic and spatial audio components) but i can change audio output device on those apps)

windows 10 home is updated, rtx 2080ti is the hdmi output audio that i am concerned with and has current drivers. nothing is broken. i need a howto, not a repair.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom