GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer continues running, need to force reboot to start again

S

shellray04

I just built a new computer and all the parts are new and not used. After I built it, it worked fine for a while until randomly when I was playing games, the monitor would go black to no signal and while the computer continued to run and I was still able to hear in-game sounds until a few seconds and the sound becomes a buzzing sound. I have to force shut it down using the power button on the computer to restart it. I realized that it occurs when the GPU is under load. When I am just browsing the internet with no heavy graphics, it is fine, but it has crashed twice when just watching youtube and when I play most games. After I built my PC, I was able to play Genshin Impact for maybe 5 hours and nothing was wrong. Then after maybe a week I started playing Valorant and it started to crash. Now it crashes with anything related to graphics, even if the load is light. I've tried doing a GPU stress test with Unigine Heaven and it crashed within 2 minutes of that. I used MSI Afterburner to monitor what was happening and within less than 2 minutes, the GPU would go from 30ish degrees to 70 degrees and then it would crash. The GPU fans would still be spinning when the monitor turns black. Is this an overheating problem? i dont know. I tried to solve this problem many different ways. Here are the main ones that I have already done:

1. Reset Windows 10

2. Uninstalled old graphics drivers and installed new updated Graphics Drivers using DDU

3. Installing a 2019 Graphics Driver <- problem became worse with this driver

4. Resetting Bios Factory Setting

5. Disabled sound system

6. Installed latest Motherboard drivers

7. Did Windows Memory Diagnostic (no problems found)

8. Checked voltages of PSU when not under load and the 5V and 12V are within range

9. Tried to do benchmark testing with Unigine Heaven but it crashed during that because it is graphics intensive

10. Changed the HDMI cable for the PC to Monitor

11. did sfc/ scannow (no problems found)

12. Turned off AMD User Experience Program

I've done all this and problems still occur. Once the GPU start spinning, after one minute into any graphic game, it turns off monitor and pc still runs with gpu fans continuing to spin. Please help me, I haven't been able to use my computer to play games for a while. thank you.

Computer parts:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JgvXnL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

PSU: EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)

One of the minidump files from a while ago:

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom