Stuck in a BSOD loop

J

JamesSimpsonXF

Good morning all,

I expect this to be a lengthy post so I do apologise in advance but very grateful for any advice towards my problem.

So, long story short is I have upgraded my PC by replacing the motherboard, CPU and RAM. My previous build was the following:

CPU: i5-4690k

RAM: 2x8GB 1333mhz (DDR3)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3

GPU: GTX 970 4GB

PSU: Corsair CX500M

HDD: 1TB

No SSD

I have kept the same GPU, PSU and HDD and have installed my new components which include:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 2400mhz

Motherboard: Asrock B450M PRO-4 F

Plugged everything in and connected everything as it should and when I tried to boot I started getting blue screens stating: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I was told that because of Windows on the previous hard drive it cant seem to locate the settings I had before so a fresh install was needed. So I put Windows 10 onto a USB and tried booting from the USB, the Windows logo displays for no more than 2 seconds and then it blue screens or just restarts itself. Blue screens I have got:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I have tried to research online but a lot of the solutions is booting into safe mode and I cant seem to do this, I cant get onto the desktop to boot from there, the f8 or shift-f8 function seems to do nothing, no option in BIOS to choose safe mode.

Could something be plugged in wrong place, could a PIN be out of place on the CPU even though its seated fine?

I have tried my RAM sticks in all 4 slots, one stick at a time, or 2 sticks and all display in the BIOS so it cant be the RAM.

I am at a loss now and the only thing I can think of to recover from this is to maybe get a new HDD and try and boot from USB to install windows onto new HDD?

Let me know your thoughts and any answers I could try, thank you so much.

Continue reading...