DISM 'The source files could not be found’

M

MichelB62

It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing happening, for five minutes. And the task manager is tooling around at 15% or less.

Anyway, I understand you can use:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

should help. But nothing happens for a long time, and then it ends in failure **** well. But if I understood correct that a:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:"path to install.esd/install.wim' file"

should remedy that. But no luck in that department too. So what are my options?

Note 1: I had to reinstall my Windows 10 machine a few weeks back. I downloaded an ISO file, burned it on a big (double layer) DVD and reinstalled Windows. That same DVD was used as source path in the second command line, which ended in failure too).

Note 2: (from same website): "DISM tool is a tool that can be used to fix problems with a Windows installation. Its primary purpose isn’t to troubleshoot bugs but it does have a dedicated set of commands that can help repair broken system components."

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom