What is "Error 5 An error occurred. The directory in the temporary folder C;\Users\Warri\AppData\Local\Temp could not be created"

F

Forensics_Doc

I have no idea what this means:

What is

"Error 5 An error occurred The directory in the temporary folder C;\Users\Warri\AppData\Local\Temp could not be created.

Ensure that the path to the temporary folder exists and that you have read/write permissions for that folder"

Since Windows ran its last update I have not been able to print, or download files, nor can I delete programs.

I can get on the Internet, and load active software programs that are already loaded on the computer.

I have no idea what that temporary folder is, why it is there how to recreate a path to it (if one ever existed).

Since I am temporarily confined to home due to COVID-19 until I can get the vaccination for it I am relegated to working on this computer and I need to be able to download from the Internet and to print from the computer.

What is going on here, and what steps can I take to either delete and recreate the insidious temporary file with a path to it, create a path to it so that functionality can be restored, try to do the update to that newer version of Win10, the 20H or something like that. Right now I am floundering in the wind.

I would hope that a Windows10 update will not have catastrophically decimated the OS and software that I could be reduced to needing to reset Windows and then begin what would be another week's lost time reloading software.

Any helpful solution would be appreciated.

Continue reading...