Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

S

Simolic

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Hey guys I'm having a weird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiple things and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked.

Parts are -

MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H ( New Purchase)

Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz

Ram: (2x8) 16GB DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz ( New Purchase)

PSU: EVGA 110-BQ-0600-K1 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze 600W, Semi Modular

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super N166SOC-6GD 6GB, I also tried a GTX 1070 that works 100% on another system.

Just randomly shuts off when I'm playing games, I've tried to play AC:Origins and ME:Andromeda. The funny thing is that it lasts longer when I'm playing it at native 2k. Normally I play it at 1080p where the pc usually sits.

Here is what I've tried so far-

Updated BIOS to the newest version F6e, and changed the XMP profile to 1 to ramp up the RAM, I believe someone said the pc power cycled because it was trying to find an even ground for the ram and CPU speed.(still turned off with or without profile).

Did a Superposition Benchmark test and it ran fine! I ran it at 4k and 8k just to see if it might be a heating issue. Monitored it with MSI afterburner and the temps never went above normal. It never turned off.

Did a Stress Test with Prime95 and the pc was chugging but the CPU never reached temps that were bad and ram stayed high usage but again, nothing happened i left it running for another 20 mins and it never turned off.

Ran both SB and Prime95 at the same time, SB ran really choppy, but again it never turned off or closed the program or anything weird, just ran supper bad.

So I thought hmm maybe I fixed it without knowing. loaded into AC:Odysee and 15 mins in my PC turned off... No idea why.

Lastly I downloaded WhoCrashed, and I got

On Wed 2/17/2021 8:30:07 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\NDIS-20210217-0830.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ndis.sys (ndis!NdisReleaseNicActive+0xB1D)

Bugcheck code: 0x15E (0x25, 0x23, 0xFFFFDC8253EFC268, 0x1010E)

Error: BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER_LIVE_DUMP

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndis.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS)

Bug check description: NDIS has captured a live kernel dump. NDIS does not generate a bug check in this situation.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

I'm not sure what this means or if it has anything related to power turning off, but it turns off regardless if i'm connected to the internet or not.

Another thing is that the HDD runs at 100% usage after booting back up from a shutdown but if i reset it goes to normal usage. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the power turning off either.

I know its not the temperatures because I monitored the temps for both CPU and GPU and they never go above normal before shut down. I just built this system maybe 5 months back and haven't had issues until 2 months ago. Before that it ran anything and everything fine, including GTA, ME:Andromeda, Borderlands 3, and a few other games. Any Ideas would be appreciated, been banging my head all day. I have parts to swap out for everything as I have 3 other systems that work 100% fine but nothing seems to have worked.[/COLOR]

Continue reading...