Reactivating Windows10 after hardware change

N

Nichole B92

My previous motherboard was faulty and completely bricked shortly after I got it. My Win10 Pro key was given to me through a custom PC retailer for me to activate on my system. I activated it with no issue before the motherboard failed.

I've installed a new motherboard and things are running great. I attempt to activate Win10 on the updated machine and I am only given prompts that my key is invalid, which it is not. I am also not given a prompt about upgrading hardware either. My version of windows is NOT OEM.

I call customer service, I tell her my situation. I cannot use a key on two devices at once, which I understand. I tell her my motherboard bricked, it is no longer functional in the least, and that I need Win10 reactivated. I give her my key, it's confirmed, and she ends up telling me I need to REpurchase Win10 because my key has been used too many times and she sends me off. She didn't seem to understand what a motherboard was or that I no longer have any access to using it as intended it at all. So I cannot simply deactivate Windows using that motherboard and transfer. The only thing it's good for now is a paperweight.

I have proof of a bricked motherboard as well as proof of my new one.

What do I do? Try another round at customer service, buy a new product? Thanks for any help.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom