Sound Issue on Laptop - Can't Connect to a USB Headset or Amazon Echo

A

ayiKrayon

A lot of writing but I wanted to go into detail.

SO. I've had this issue for a few days now. I first noticed when I turned my Bluetooth on to connect to my Amazon Echo (never had issues before now) but it wouldn't connect, the video I was watching on YouTube kept freezing and eventually came up with an error and told me to restart my laptop. But that didn't solve the problem, it kept happening. I gave up and the next day it happened again with my USB headset, I plugged it in and it wouldn't connect, it just kept disconnecting then reconnecting on a loop. Tried my other headset, it did the same thing. It would also slow my laptop down and if I was listening to any music or watching anything that would freeze, jump or just stop completely. I tried restarting my laptop with my headset plugged in and the sound worked fine but the mic didn't, until I unplugged and plugged it back in then it would continue to freeze etc. I tried using headphones and earbuds via headphone jack and they both worked fine.

It happened not long after a windows update so my immediate thing to do was a system restore but that just caused my laptop to blue screen when booting up. After continuous blue screens during multiple attempts to boot up I resulted to a reset. I did a small reset where is only wiped my local disc drive and reinstalled windows, it was the only way I'd be able to boot it up again. Did not fix.

I booted up into safe mode and when clicking on my sound in the bottom right, a troubleshoot box popped up saying:
CORSAIR USB Dolby 7.1 Adapter has a driver problem
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) has a driver problem
Intel(R) Audio has a driver problem
Realtek(R) has a driver problem
NVIDIA High Definition Audio has a driver problem

I tried force updating my audio drivers but they were up to date. I tried downloading and installing them from the ASUS site. Nothing. I ran SO many scans and troubleshoots and it couldn't detect any issues. There's no option to repair them at all. It's not the USB ports because it affects the Echo through Bluetooth as well. Tried updating windows again, not fixed.

After trying all of this and accidentally somehow uninstalling my trackpad, I resulted to a full and complete factory reset and fresh windows install from the cloud. About 5 hours later, after wiping my laptop and both hard drives and doing a fresh install from the windows cloud, the problem was still there...

I've had half of my friends on this, it's hard to explain what's going on but I've sent videos and photos of the problem and considering there all pc wizzes none of them know how to fix it without taking it to be looked at, which I can't really do right now. The only thing I can think of is a hardware problem but I don't know. Any help would be appreciated. If you need to know anything extra just let me know.

ASUS ROG STRIX Hero III
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H
16.0GB RAM
64-bit Op System
GeForce RTX 2060

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom