Laptop wi-fi adapter intermittent disconnect/reconnect: event viewer logs

B

BawRroccoli

Hello all, I am looking for some help with a particularly annoying issue I am facing. Intermittently and seemingly at random, my wi-fi turns off, disconnects, turns back on, and reconnects. I notice this happen when watching livestreamed content, for example, and when it disconnects, the Internet Access button in the toolbar shows a globe icon and no networks available rather than the normal wi-fi symbol.

I have uninstalled and reset the network adapter drivers and this did not fix the issue. I've also just conducted a full scan through Windows Defender with no issues identified. I have also set the network adapter to NOT turn off to save power in power management settings (though please note, unfortunately my laptop is always plugged in due to battery issues). Scrolling through the Event Viewer, I've noticed a pattern of Administrative Events (Warnings and Errors) that occur every time the network adapter drops. I've copy pasted these below:

1. Warning; Source: Netwtw04; Message: "6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence." Event ID: 6105

2. Warning; Source: DNS Client Events; Message: "Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." Event ID: 1014.

Please note that the warning in step #2 always logs twice separated by about 3 seconds.

3. Error; Source: Netwtw04; Message: "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver." Event ID: 5010.

Please note that the warning in step #3 always logs four times separated by 1-2 seconds each.

4. Warning; Source: DNS Client Events; Message: "Name resolution for the name answersstaticfilecdnv2.azureedge.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.." Event ID: 1014.

Please note that the link in step #4 is variable in these logs, I assume it depends on what sites are actively being pinged.

I also have a lot of this following warning, though these seem to be more or less at random:

Warning; Source: isaAgent; Message: "1.0.0.532: Connection error: The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.intelsa.intel.com'

Network available: True." Event ID: 1130.

This has been very frustrating to deal with over the past 24 hours. Please advise on the steps that I can take to resolve this issue and thank you very much in advance. I am happy to post additional logs and information on request. Also, I realize I may need to contact Intel about this-- if that is the case, I can do so, but I wanted to start here. Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom