CPU goes up to 40-50% until I open up task manager.

W

William Beemer

I recently reinstalled windows to have a fresh start, and up until today everything has been going smoothly. Today when I when I opened up task manager I noticed my cpu utilization was at 30-50% and immediately jumped down to 1-5%. This has happened to me before after installing a cryptominer unknowingly, but I haven't installed anything from a sketchy website sense I reinstalled windows. This has only started happening today, and the only differences between today and a few days ago is:

I updated my computer to 1909.

I installed LiveSplit, OBS Studio, and SLOBS (Streamlabs OBS).

Because I am almost certain I didn't install a virus, and because OBS and LiveSplit haven't cause issues in the past, I am assuming that it's because I updated windows.

I know people have had this issue before, and I've tried the solutions that I could find, but none of them worked. Most people ended up having a virus, and unless steam games and a bunch of widely used software have viruses in them, I don't think I have a virus. If it is because I updated windows, is there a fix for it, or am I just going to have to live with it until a patch comes out.

Thanks,

William

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom