Windows Family Screen Time and Content Restrictions Don't Work; Don't stay turned on; Get overridden

D

DBruce11

Dear Community,

The family settings for content control and screen time are a total failure. Both kids settings don't remain as I set them via the web portal.

In the example screen shot below, no matter how I limit the hours in the web portal, within a day or so, the schedule reverts to the one shown below which has no restriction on the hours. Similarly for the App Restrictions and Content restrictions they are just being turned off somehow after I enable them.

Troubleshooting so far:

• Confirmed both kids are below age 13 so they cannot opt out of family settings
  • have removed both kids from family and re-added them
  • have confirmed activity reporting is turned on for both kids accounts
  • have changed my account password and windows PIN.
  • have confirmed that the kid accounts on the PC are NOT admin accounts AND the only accounts active on the kids PC are their accounts (normal user) and mine (admin- with new password as mentioned), no other guest accounts etc. are active
  • I have reviewed and followed the recommendations here: My son is able to bypass the PC screen time limit on Windows 10

I just cannot figure out why the settings I set in windows family website are overridden and disabled. Is there no way to troubleshoot how those settings are getting changed? Is there no way to see what user changed them or how they were synched?

[for device limits, they remain enabled, but although I exclude the night time hours, somehow it always comes back to this setting with all hours enabled.]

90d9186e-b2fe-4251-897e-d22be3457808?upload=true.png

[for app and content limits, I enable them and then somehow it always comes back to this disabled setting]

c7bf5b87-5dff-469b-87e4-0d6545dbe177?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom