Windows 10 extreme RAM and CPU usage

T

TheMoonshine

I've got really weird situation. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in August, and until November it was pretty great. But in December, i started to experience bad system performance, but it was not so critical, until now. Everytime when i'm launching my PC, CPU usage is about 80-100% and RAM is 75-90%. About CPU usage, i quickly found out what was this. That was 3 processes:

Windows Update Service

wsappx (i don't know what is this, but it have service icon, like Windows Update)

and Microsoft Windows Search Indexer.

wsappx and Search Indexer could both use maximum 20% of CPU, while Windows Update could use more than 50%. That's really weird for my opinion, counting i have 3.3 GHz (AMD Phenom II X2 560).

What's about RAM usage, that was a bit difficult to find out. I'm using a program called "Mem Reduct", which can show RAM usage in percents on taskbar. I often saw about 70-90% usage, but when i opened task manager, everything went normal. I couldn't understand what's the problem in 2 days, but in the third, i found out. That process was named "Microsoft Host", and it was using 40% of CPU and 1,1 GB of RAM. I was able to see this only one time and half of second, after that process disappeared and RAM usage went normal. But that's not over! Next day (actually today) i updated my Windows 10 for some small update, and i hoped this problem was solved. But it wasn't. Again, 20 minutes i couldn't catch this process, but i did it and was really shocked. This time it wasn't some "Microsoft Host", it was "NT Kernel & System", using around 70% of CPU and, just imagine, 2,4 GB of RAM! Now i'm seriously thinking about going back to Windows 7, if i won't get the solution, of course. So, i hope i will get it and fix this issue.

If this will be useful, here are some my PC specs:

CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 560

Memory - 4 GB DDR3

Windows - 10 Home x64

If you need more information about my PC, contact me and i will give it to you.

Continue reading...