Freezing weekly at same time

M

Michaeljwyo

Simple question, hoping for simple answer.

My PC freezes every week at 12:53am Sunday morning. I know this because I checked the event logs. This particular event shows up in the applications log. Says something like "The previous shutdown at 12:53:00 AM was unexpected". That's it. Nothing in any of the other even logs. When it does this, it's curtains. It's froze until I come back to my office and hit the reset button or power button to shut it off. Hitting any keys or moving the mouse....nothing wakes it up. Machine is set to stay on always so it does not sleep. So that rules out a sleep problem. I checked task scheduler to make sure there isn't anything there scheduled to run around that time on a weekly basis and there's not. I do have Acronis to do weekly backups, as I checked this morning, one had not been done since december, so there wasn't even any backups scheduled.

I am at a loss and I've been fighting this for quite some time. Probably like 6 months or more? Once in a great while it will make it through the weekend without freezing, but it's rare. I know there are a handful of things that can cause your computer to freeze, but this one freezes at a specific time on a weekly basis. I haven't found any info about that. Any ideas or tips to help solve this?

Michael

Continue reading...