Why would a reset/recovery work for one day then laptop slows back down to a crawl?

E

ejbpesca

[COLOR=rgba(42, 0, 170, 1)]Hello,

This is my machine:

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎2/‎13/‎2021

OS build 19042.804

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Device name DESKTOP-0DA9BVS

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Device ID 7E5800ED-EF92-449C-813A-697586D85AB6

Product ID 00325-96086-63904-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

As you can see the OS is much newer than the computer that I've had for five years now. When I first ran a reset (saving my files) and booted up the laptop it ran like new. Fast on the web and fast doing internal operations all around. Next came loading various apps and making changes to settings. After the few apps were loaded the computer slowed to a crawl again not even being able to handle even text being typed in without sitting and running for 10 minutes locked up. The web loads as if I'm using a 25 year old computer on the old super slow internet. My wifi router feeds other devices I have fine and fast as I could ever need. I must sit and wait 10 minutes for my laptop to even begin to show it is connected to the web.

The specs on my laptop are not top but not low either. What do you think my problem may be? Computer simply worn out? Should I try another reset? The only app I have not from Microsoft is Libre Office. Is that dangerous software? My new McAfee anti malware scans everything and finds no viruses. I have tried every thing suggested for speeding up this computer with failure. I have no overload of memory issues.

The most curious thing is how my other devices work lightning over my high speed net connection yet this laptop is painfully slow and so slow that many times I give up and shut it down. What would you do? Get a new machine? Can you suggest a laptop model? It does not have to have the specs of this one. This machine has had its issues but runs very cool, was very fast, but is a bit heavy. I am disabled and in bed most the time so less weight is important for me to move it. I spend six hours a day on a laptop. Maybe I chose one that cannot take that much use?

I could use a smaller screen if it is very hi res but I use the 15" screen so I can increase font size and have it fit on the screen.

At five years old is it simply time for a new computer? Does the hardware simply get old and loses its abilities? I once used my desktop with instant reaction to commands. Now it takes a minute to populate the files with a message, "Working On It." After such a speedy experience with this laptop its slowing so far down is a big disappointment and almost to the point of total disfunction.

All updates are current.

Every trick the web can suggest has been tried in an attempt to speed up.

A reset worked to make the laptop like new but for only one day.

Web is set to 5 ghz.

Turbo boost has been turned on/off on makes no difference.

Should I use my recovery drive? (a USB stick I made when I got the machine) and this time wipe clean all my files as well?

Is there something I'm missing here or do you think my Inspiron is just worn out?

Thank you so much if you read all this.[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom