Do I have a virus or has someone hacked my computer?

N

NormaPrice2003

A month ago my Windows 10 desktop started acting really slow and when I started it I couldn't connect to the internet unless I rebooted it. I thought maybe it was AVG Antivirus that was causing the problem so I uninstalled it and I was able to connect to the internet. Then a couple of weeks ago it started up on it's own. Still very slow. Yesterday I started it. NO MOUSE! I restarted it 3 times still no mouse. So I was able to get into the mouse settings and changed the color of the mouse and made it a bit bigger. When I restarted it I had a mouse! Now the programs don't work. I can click on them as much as I want and nothing. AND the start menu is back to Windows Vista style so I shut it down. Today I went down and it was already running and it was0 doing a Windows update. It took 30 minutes. Then it started as normal except the programs still don't work and the start menu is still messed up. I can't even get to the command prompt to find out what made it start on it's own. I was able to open the settings but couldn't do anything there. I couldn't even use the mouse to turn the computer off again. I had to use the tab to get down the the power button to turn it off.

I am getting very worried that someone has taken over. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can figure this out? Your help will be greatly appreicated.

Norma

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom