Unable to Connect to Internet at Specific Time of Day

E

Eduino C.

Happy Monday,

I'm pretty perplexed.

The problem:

One of our users loses internet access around 4pm CST. The first occurrence was Friday, and it happened again today (Monday). Before ~4pm, everything is fine. The issue lasts at least 60 minutes but the exact length is unknown.The computer cannot connect to MS Exchange servers or any other sites on the internet.

Friday, the computer was unable to be pinged by any other computers on the network, and could not ping the network gateway.

Today, the computer was able to be pinged by other computers on the network and could also ping the network gateway (including 8.8.8.8 - which is not on our network).

No other computers are running into this issue.

The environment:

Wired connection

Windows 10

DHCP is used

Trouble-shots taken:

Restarted the computer

Successfully pinged other network computers, gateway address, and 8.8.8.8 (Google primary DNS).

Checked Group Policy Manager for any GPO's that may be causing the issue - found none.

When I log on the user's computer, I have the same issue - so it is profile independent.

No obvious environmental factors that could be causing this behavior - the two users nearby are unaffected and their cables run along the same physical path... but that doesn't prove non-existence.

My conclusions:

Since I can ping the computer, the physical cables, network adapter, adapter driver, and gateway should all be ok.

I don't think it's a DHCP issue either because I can ping the computer.

All the other computers can access the internet, and only this computer is affected.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated,

EC

Continue reading...