Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro

T

Tamer Ziady

Hello All:

My situation is as follows. Trying to set up a local account for gaming to keep it separate from my Org account (my org / my rules - I am not trying to install on my employer's PC or anything. I am the owner - self employed). Anywho, trying to just keep things clean. So, I figured I would try to set up a local account to use for gaming and nothing else. Creating the account was easy. However, no matter what I try; when I try and log it; it says that I have the wrong password. So, I have checked the password and recreated it and am sure it is correct; yet still this problem persists. I mean, I know I can go and create a Microsoft account just for gaming; however, it is a waste of resources and not really needed as the Gaming login does very little with Microsoft services past the actual login.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional info. This is on a Windows 10 Pro Machine with the latest 20H2 update and all software is updated and brand new installation. Machine was set up with my Microsoft ORG account (i.e. work account w/ Microsoft).

Thanks,
T

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom