Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -

• Thread starter Leendertvan den Berg
  • Start date
L

Leendertvan den Berg

Dear Sir/Madam, Last Monday I was having problems with probably the BIOS start-up system. This activated the Bitlocker security system. In the following step I tried to log into my Online Microsoft Account to enable the 'Recovery Key'. But during this step Microsoft didn't recognise directly my English phone number so I did not receive the 4-digit code by an automatic message. I had to insert my English phone number again and after that I wasn't able to see the recovery key inside my account because of security reasons. I can access this after 24/03/2021. After a chat with the helpdesk they advised me to fill in a request where the holding period would gone after a validation of the account. Because of that I would like to ask if this is possible and if you could help me with reducing/withdrawing the holding period so I will be able to see the 'recovery key' to enable bitlocker. Thanks in advance. Leendert van den Berg

Above message has been reported as 'abuse' by CDOC Case Management (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***). So that's the reason why I post it on this medium. If there is anyone with a smart solution (other than: be patient and wait until 24/03/2021) I would like to hear it from you!

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...