Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted

R

RensleySaidNo

Hi all,

Would really appreciate some thorough help on this. I recently set up a Microsoft account for my niece and used it to log in to a new computer intended to be give to her. I downloaded any programmes she'd need like Office and such, then logged out and shut down the computer. I went to log in to the account online, but because she's a minor, it asked me to enter a parent's email address to get permission from. I entered my sister's email (her mother), but she never verfied the account access. Today, she recieved a text message saying the email address was closed which was a surprise. Now we can't log into the computer because it says the account doesn't exist. When I try to use the "recover account" feature, it says the account doesn't exist. When I try to set up a new account with the same email, I'm told the address is already taken.

I've tried enabling the hidden admin account by going into Command Prompt from the troubleshoot screen that appears after pressing shift + restart, but even though the command is a success, the admin account never appears. We have absolutely no means of getting into the computer now. Even if I try to boot into safe mode, and enter the correct password, it boots us back out to the log in screen.

My sister and niece desperately need that computer because home schooling is done from there. I'd really like to avoid reinstalling Windows if possible because I'm now in a different country to them and my sister is not very confident with technology, especially computers. Also, because we'd have to set up and download everything again.

I've looked around lots of forums, other answers on this website, and tried to find a way to contact Microsoft (because the virtual agent has been useless to me), but have found absolutely nothing that helps.

The computer is a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 intended for personal use (i.e. not connnected to a domain).

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Continue reading...