Computer reboots randomly after changing hardware, seems to be caused by Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology

T

TempoH_

Recently I switched my hardware from Intel Core i5 9400F and ASUS B360M-K to Ryzen 7 5800X and ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi). I moved my old drives over to this new setup and got up and running. I soon encountered a few crashes from my editing software and while viewing videos on crunchyroll & twitch. Checking eventviewer, the crash is coming from Service Control Manager with Intel Rapid Storage Technology listed in the details. The message says: "The Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology shut off unexpectedly. This has happened 1 time(s)." When I crash, my computer just reboots from the start, no BSoD.

I've tried updating all my drivers for the new hardware and removing the old drivers via hidden drivers in device manager. When I check the devices for IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, I only see Standard SATA AHCI Controller. I think there is something leftover from changing the CPUs. I'd also really like to avoid doing a fresh install of windows, but if that really is my only choice, I'll bite the bullet and do it.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom