DualShock 4 Controller will not connect to PC.

C

cg1_88

So my ps4 controller will no longer connect to my Windows 10 PC, and two weeks ago it was just fine when I last used it. The controller will give off the yellow light that fades immediately, or if the controller is not charged it will charge. I've already searched this forum and other forums for possible solutions, and unfortunately none of the answers have worked. the following solutions were all attempted. Presume that I was plugging and unplugging the controller after every solution attempt.

Hardware Attempts:

1. Tried a different controller

2. resetting the controllers and then plugging in.

3. different usb cables to see if it was a particular cable.

3a. Disconnected the controllers from the ps4 and resynced them using the different cables to confirm that the cables were the appropriate cables.

4. Each of the different usb ports on my tower (front and back)

5. Plugged in a different kind of controller to see if perhaps it was just the ps4 controllers (they did not work either).

6. Plugged the controllers into my laptop to see if they were recognized there (they were).

Software Attempts:

1. Made sure that my PC had not installed an update that may have caused the issue (No installs had occurred between last use and today).

1a. Performed an update and restart per the suggestion of another forum answer.

2. Updated my BIOS and all other available drivers for my system.

3. Checked for updates in device manager (there were no updates).

4. There is no HID Game Controller listed under human input devices. (not listed anywhere else either, but I am pretty certain it was there previously)

5. Per another forum suggestion, turned off the USB automatic power off function

6. Per another forum suggestion, downloads DS4Windows, the controller is not being registered by the system, so this does not solve the issue.

6a. All of the videos and webpages directing to use DS4Windows also advice of going to Devices and Printers and fiddling with the properties of the Game Controller Device. My system does not have any Game Controller Device listed so there is nothing to select.

I have spent roughly 3 hours trying to get this resolved and am at my wits end as it seems nothing works.

Edit: The PC will recognize the controllers via Bluetooth, not USB. But PS Now won't allow playing via Bluetooth without the special USB dongle.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom