Can't print mixed paper size pdfs from Brother printer MFC-L5700DW

K

Karencats

I have a Brother printer MFC-L5700DW that is a little over a year old. I purchased an optional 2nd tray because I print pdf files with mixed paper sizes. It has worked perfectly for over a year until about 2 weeks ago. I didn't change any settings but all legal documents are shrinking to fit and printing on letter paper even though I do not have that checked off in the print properties.

I know there was an issue with adobe reader but I tried their fixes, which didn't work. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled with the fixes they wrote in. Still didn't work.

I noticed that the Printer name in the device manager is Microsoft IPP Class Driver instead of a Brother Driver. I read that this driver was causing printing issues on Brother printers. So I uninstalled my print drivers and reinstalled the full print driver package from the Brother website. Still shows up as Microsoft IPP Class Driver and still doesn't work.

In the properties it shows Tray 1 as legal and tray 2 as letter correctly and that is how it is set on the printer.

when I go to print in adobe, I have Choose Paper Source by pdf size checked off and Actual Size selected. I have it set to automatically select the tray but when I select Advanced on the Properties when I am printing it shows the Microsoft IPP Class Driver and Paper/Output - Paper size shows only Letter. Scaling is set to NONE.

Question #1 - How do I get rid of the Microsoft IPP Class Driver and have the Brother Driver and all it's related functions replace it?

Question #2 - How do I get my printer to print mixed size pdfs again? I have done all the tips and tricks and uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I even got rid of Adobe and installed Foxit Reader and it still happened. It is not just the Adobe issue.

I am a Notary Signing agent and print 2-3 packages a day. Having to print the letter size first and then write down the page numbers of the legal sized pages and then print them and then put it all together in order - well - I can't begin to tell you how frustrating that is as well as a waste of time I do not have.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom