BSODs ruining my life, no dumps

S

Strath21

Hello,

I have been getting BSOD's once or twice a day randomly, for about 6 months. I have an alienware aurora r3, and figured it had something to do with some old alienware drivers, so I recently removed EVERY BIT of alienware from my case, installed all new, fresh hardware, and am still having this problem. The only part I have not replaced is my PSU, as it is a major issue with this chassis to find a suitably sized supply without a top fan.

When I get a BSOD the "Thread stuck in device driver" error is shown, the information collection percentage will remain at 0 indefinitely unless I hold the power button, or sometimes it will crash before I can do that. Recently I had a bsod where I could not boot after, all fans lights and whatnot came on, but nothing was controlling the fan speed. I had to remove the cmos battery for it to boot again.

Nothing is overclocked, DHCP is loaded.

Memory dumps are properly configured.

There has never even been a windows/minidump or windows/memory folder ever created.

Event viewer shows 161, 41, 6008, 1101 around the time of crash. Sometimes 21 & 1000.

When running WhoCrashed I can find two dump files:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WHEA\WHEA-20210222-0039.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x97E6B6)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFA50DA9FEEC00, 0xBEA00000, 0x108)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WHEA\WHEA-20210217-1742.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x97E6B6)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFD78D0589DA40, 0xBEA00000, 0x108)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

I recently replaced a lot of hardware in a last effort attempt to fix this. The below list is current hardware in my PC, the only devices which have lasted thru my most recent hardware update are the GPU and PSU.

Asus prime b550m-a

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI Vega 56

Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 8x2

Dell 875w psu

Samsung 500gb ssd

WD 1tb ssd

These crashes happen so randomly, its very torturous. I do a LOT of stuff on my computer, and this instability is absolutely killing me. I recently invested money (not much to some but a significant amount for me) in the new mb/cpu setup and I'm absolutely dying about still having this problem. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom