Trying to run W10 on old rig

L

Luca_BGD

Hey everyone, I got an Asus M2N-E SLI with AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4600+

8Gb of Ram

Nvidia GeForce GT240

SSD 240Gb (Main Unit with OS)

HDD 500Gb (Storage Unit)

I'm trying to install Windows 10 but I can't make it to boot properly, any ideas?

The PC was running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit no problem. I just got a new SSD, and did a Clean Install of the latest version of the OS on it.

Problem is that Windows 10 won't boot properly.

Things I've tired:

Re format all drives, clean install on SSD, and other basic troubleshooting.
I have no important files on drives so, no problem formatting again and again.

I have the .ISO from Microsoft (Win10 20H2 v2 x64) I copied all files from it to a USB and did a Clean Install from it without success.
I've created a bootable USB with Rufus, trying most settings on the software without success.

I've managed to boot successfully to Windows 10 in 3 occasions but It was pure luck, since after restart the boot loop continued.
While I try to install the OS there's always a video glitch on screen, until I manage to install the GPU Drivers, since there's no onboard graphics, and there seem to be a problem with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver and the GPU. (I'll make a video of it and post a link here)

The BIOS screen and system works no problem at all (No video glitches neither) I've tried disabling every option and every component that is not in use IDEs, Firewire connector, Onboard LAN, Floppy Disk, etc etc.. Of course I also tried using the default settings without success.

The .ISO is 100% healthy, I've used the exact same one to upgrade two other machines.

I'm open to try anything, since I got nothing to lose. Ultimately I'll return to Windows 7 Ultimate. But that's not what I really want.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom