How can I eliminate Task Bar Preview Boxes. on WIn 10 Prof.

V

verulamsteven

Like many, I rue the day I upgraded from Win7.

The feature – I think its “task bar preview” is however, top of my list – driving me to distraction in inefficiency as I identify open files and navigate between them.

Above the task bar button I see previews- little boxes with the “images” of the open files alongside each other horizontally above the taskbar. I have to use the mouse left and right to switch between open files.

When I have a large number of files open - perhaps 15 of them in, say, Word 2019, it changes and stacks the file names vertically above the word button – that is what I had in Win 7, and want again, without having to keep 15 or more files open To stress - I want to see just the open file names, stacked up vertically.

To be clear, I have no interest in what is shown within any of the preview windows when the mouse is hovering over the Word (or other programme) button. I’m only interested in the file names, and getting to them quickly.

I’ve tried various “solutions” – one from here, and others. I’ve unchecked “Enable Peek” boxes and changed things in: “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband” (not that I’m confident in the Registry) .

NONE of these things has eliminated these previews and their inefficient presence. I’m running Win 10 professional on : KB4023057: Updated 24/01/21

Please – is there actually a solution to this problem?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom