Desktop PC loses connection with the keyboard, mouse, and the monitor completely at random times

J

John_9071

Hello,

For some odd reason and this behavior seems to happen quite frequently (usually whenever I stream videos off of YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.), my desktop PC decides to lose its connection to the monitor (Dell P2715Q) along with possibly a few accessories connected to the PC. Putting this behavior into more detail, the screen would just black out, in which the monitor will go into power-save mode. The audio still continues to play through the soundbar (Dell AC511M), but only lasts for 30 seconds at the most before the audio stops playing through the speaker completely (soundbar is still on though). Even though the keybord is still connected to the PC since the Number/caps/scroll lock light is still on, I can't even control the PC by either hitting Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B to recover it or Alt + F4 to close any running programs. So therefore, I had no other choice but to perform a hard reboot on the PC, which resulted in losing some of the work I was doing when this occurred. Is it something to do with my GPU or anything related to it and is there a way to fix it?

Here are my PC specs:

Windows 10 Pro (version 20H2, OS build: 19042.844)

Lenovo ThinkCentre M series Tower (M920 I believe)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

RAM: 32 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Any help would be much appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom