Monitor goes to no signal on regular intervals, start screen always up, settings has no max/min/quit menu

80s_Egypti

This morning I went to work on my computer (which was working fine yesterday) and I found some things were different.

I am running the latest windows on an intel i5 core hp Pavilion from 2018. I also have an external monitor (Gateway LE1936 from 2007). I have a HDMI->VGA adapter to accomplish this.

So far, I have noticed 3 things:

My monitor switches on and off at equal intervals of about 3 seconds so: on (3 seconds) -> off (3 seconds) -> on (3 seconds) -> etc. When I say off, I mean it says "no signal" and displays an RGB calibration.

My start menu is always up and I can't see my desktop when all other windows are closed.

My settings window lacks the min/max/quit buttons at the top right

The important thing is that I fix my monitor issue asap because I need it for work. I tried these things so far:

I looked to install Gateway's drivers for the monitor but it seems like they no longer support it I guess because it's old.

I uninstalled the PNP drivers it was running on and unplugged, then plugged it back in so that they reinstalled.

I checked to see if Windows updated last night, but it didn't.

I assumed it was a software issue since it is occurring at exactly the same intervals, but I nonetheless disconnected and reconnected the connections, getting the vga connections tighter than before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom